Did you know that the Foothills Craft Guild provides scholarships to anyone that resides in the state of Tennessee? We want to encourage and support emerging artists as well as established artists seeking new or expanded skills by offering craft scholarships to residents of the state of Tennessee, at least 18 years old. This includes Guild members. Donations received from Friends of Foothills help support the Guild by funding our scholarship program, please consider supporting Foothills Craft Guild with your donation.
Scholarship awards cover ½ of the class tuition up to $150 and are awarded on a case-by-case basis. The number of scholarships awarded each year is determined by available funding.
To apply for a scholarship, download the application and fill it out. You will need a letter of recommendation from a Guild member or someone in the community that understands how the class may help you progress in your craft. You will need a copy of the class description provided by the sponsoring teacher or organization. Lastly, provide a copy of the receipt from payment of the class. Put all this in the mail to: Foothills Craft Guild, Scholarship Committee, PO Box 5650, Knoxville, TN 37928. Your application along with supporting information will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and be presented to the Board for approval. Upon approval, you will be contacted by someone on the committee about the results. This process will take about 6 weeks.
Things to know http://onhealthy.net before applying …
- Scholarships are available to members and non-members 18 years old or older.
- Scholarships are awarded for instruction, research, or writing in a field of study in a craft recognized by the Foothills Craft Guild.
- Applicants who have received scholarship money must wait for a period of 3 years before re-applying.
- Amount of award will be not more than 50 percent of cost of tuition, with a cap of $150.
- All applications must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from a teacher, craft artist, or other appropriate person who is familiar with the applicant’s work.
- Application filled in, along with these supporting documents, should be mailed to Foothills Craft Guild, Attention Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 5087, Oak Ridge, TN 37831:
- letter of recommendation
- copy of class description from sponsoring teacher/organization
- receipt of payment of class
- Application and above support documents must be received by the Foothills Craft Guild before the date of the class. Allow 6 weeks for processing the application request.
- All applications are reviewed per the policies established by the Board of Directors. Recommendations are made by the Scholarship Committee and are then presented to the Board of Directors for a final decision. Applicant will be notified approximately 6-8 weeks after receipt of the application.
- Scholarship checks will be paid and mailed to the sponsoring teacher/organization or will be sent as reimbursement to the student.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Scholarships Director, we look forward to processing your application!